Avocado, Cream Cheese and Salsa-Stuffed Puff Pastries




Ingredients:
-1 large sheet puffed pastry, thawed
-1 ripe avocado, halved and mashed (approximately 1 tablespoon of avocado per pastry square)
-1/3 cup cream cheese (approximately 1 teaspoon of cream cheese per pastry square)
-1/3 cup salsa (approximately 1 teaspoon of salsa per pastry square, I used a combination of pineapple salsa and salsa verde)
-salt and pepper, sprinkled to taste
-1 egg, beaten
I found this recipe on Pintrest and the original recipe can be found here, she also offers an option to make this a vegan food.

Preheat the oven to 400 F and spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.

Flour the counter top and roll out one square of puffed pastry as thin as possible.


Slice into pieces. I used a pizza cutter and was able to make twenty slices. However, I ended up only making  nine pastries so some were used together.



Assemble the filling -- avocado, cream cheese, salsa.





Add the additional pieces of puffed pastry and crimp the edges closed with a fork.



Apply the egg wash to all of the pastries.



I personally wasn't a big fan of the pastries and the received mixed reviews from my family. If I made this again I would mix the salsa verde with a sweeter salsa. The pineapple salsa that we had barely had any sweetness to it and I think the dish needed just a little bit more sweet.

Also, make sure to use a ripe avocado ours wasn't fully ripened and was difficult to mash. 


Comments

Popular Posts