Dirty Road Milkshake


J turned twenty-one last year and it took us a long time to find alcohol that he actually liked. It turns out it was whiskey. Whiskey is always his drink of choice. When I found this recipe on Pinterest I knew it would be a hit, but I needed to adapt the recipe to account for the ingredients that we had on hand.

Ingredients:
-Chocolate syrup
-2 toasted marshmallows
-1/2 cup ice cream
-2 ounces Powers Irish Whiskey (use any kind that you have!)
-3 tablespoons milk
-3 ice cubes
-1/4 cup multi-colored sprinkles


Toast the marshmallows, we stuck ours in the toaster oven.
Pour some chocolate syrup onto a small plate and the sprinkles on the other.
Rim your glasses (chocolate, then sprinkles), the original recipe used shooter glasses, but I don't have those.
Mix all of the whiskey, ice cream, ice, milk and marshmallows together in  a blender. 
Add some chocolate syrup into the bottom of the glass, top with the milkshake into the glasses.
These milkshakes were strong. Really strong. I stirred the chocolate off of the bottom of my milkshake which helped to counter the strong whiskey flavor. Overall I don't think the milkshakes were bad, the ingredients just need to be re-portioned since the milkshake wasn't being poured into shooter glasses -- either less whiskey or more ice cream. These would have been adorable in little shooter glasses, maybe I'll pick some up before I make this next time.

Comments

Popular Posts