Egg in an Avocado Slice


I'm always looking for a good and healthy vegetarian breakfast. Also for whatever reason whenever I see an egg in a whatchamacallit recipe I just have to check it out (see Egg in a Bell Pepper from July). I found this recipe on online and you can find a lovely tutorial for the recipe here.

Ingredients:
-1 avocado, sliced and pitted but not peeled
-1 egg per each avocado slice
-Butter or Olive Oil spray for skillet
-Salt and pepper



Cut the avocado in half and remove the pit.

Using a paring knife widen the holes in the center. And using a sharp knife cut off the back of the avocado making two thick slices.

Place in the skillet and cook until the egg is set, flipping once. 

Serve with salt and pepper.

This recipe was pretty good and really easy to make. The nutty flavor and buttery texture of the avocado went really well with the over-easy egg. You may notice that the avocado that I used doesn't look like the typical avocado -- the avocado people are use to seeing is the Haas avocado, the only variety I could find was a Florida avocado.  I don't think it makes a difference which variety you use.

Comments

Popular Posts