Lemon Crinkle Cookies



After the less than perfect attempt of making crepes this weekend my boyfriend allowed me back into his kitchen to whip up another dessert recipe. I found these cookies on Pintrest and the recipe won an award in a magazine, you can check out the original recipe here.

Ingredients:
-½ cups butter, softened
-1 cup granulated sugar
-½ teaspoons vanilla extract
-1 whole egg
-1 teaspoon lemon zest
-1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
-¼ teaspoons salt
-¼ teaspoons baking powder
-⅛ teaspoons baking soda
-1-½ cup all-purpose flour
-½ cups powdered sugar


We finally bought a mixer!! 

Mix the butter and sugar together. 

Add in the egg, vanilla, lemon zest and lemon juice.

Then slow mix in the baking powder, baking soda, salt and flour (do not add the powdered sugar).

Put the powdered sugar on a plate. 

Roll a tablespoonful of dough into a ball. 

Roll in the powdered sugar. 

Place on a greased cookie sheet. 

The recipe says to bake for 9-11 minutes...mine cooked for 12-13 minutes.


These cookies lived up to their award winning standard the cookies were moist on the inside and crunchy on the outside. The lemon flavor wasn't as strong as I thought it would be, but I don't think that was a bad thing the light lemon flavor with the powdered sugar reminded me a little bit of the newest Girl Scout cookie called the Lemonade. These also got the seal of approval from my boyfriend, looks like I'm good to keep baking in his kitchen ;)

Comments

Popular Posts