Apple Cheese Omelet


I'm not a vegetarian, but since it is world vegetarian month I decided to not eat meat for a week. I registered on this website, hopefully I win the the raffle and $500 for signing up. So I tried a new breakfast recipe this week. I based this off of the recipe I found here.

Ingredients:
-2 Tbsp butter
-2 eggs
-milk
-1 apple
-shredded cheese

Cut the apples into small strips.
I used about 1/4 of the apple.
Beat the eggs with a splash of milk.
Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in one pan for the eggs, and
another tablespoon in another pan for the apples.
Add the apples and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add the eggs to the other pan.
Once the egg is mostly cooked, add the apple to one half
Add some shredded cheese on top.
I used colby jack, but the original recipe used cheddar.
Fold the other side of the omelet over (I didn't do a good job with this)
and cook another minute until the cheese melts.

I thought the combination of apples and eggs was a little odd, but overall it was good, I really like apples and cheese together (like fondue) and I always put cheese in my scrambled eggs. I also really liked this because I already had all of these ingredients in my kitchen, usually I find a recipe I want to make, but can't make it for a day or two until I buy the ingredients.

Comments

Popular Posts