Butternut Squash Chili

Happy Soup Wednesday!! Today's recipe is a guest post from Becky: 

I got this recipe from a family friend. My mom really liked it, so I decided to try it.

Check out our other Soup Wednesday posts:
Week 5
Week 4
Week 3
Week 2
Week 1

Ingredients:
-Butternut squash
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
-15 oz (1 can) vegetable stock
-28 oz diced tomatoes
-28 oz tomato sauce
-15 oz (1 can) black beans
-15 oz (1 can) kidney beans
-2 Tbsp chili powder
-2 Tbsp cumin
-Cayenne pepper (or red pepper flakes/hot peppers)
-salt and pepper

This makes about 8 servings.


Put the squash in the oven at 300 degrees for 30-45 minutes.
Cut it and take out the seeds, and cut into bite sized pieces.
Heat the oil and add the garlic.
Add all of the other ingredients to the pot. Use a large pot,
my largest was just big enough to fit it all.
Simmer for 30-45 minutes.
Serve. I added some cheese on top and some crackers to my bowl.
This was really easy to make, the hardest part was cutting up the squash. This was a good variation to a regular chili recipe.

Comments

Popular Posts