Mac & Cheese Stuffed Peppers


3,000 views!! I'm so excited. I love blogging recipes, thanks for making my hobby possible, I really need something to distract me from the stress of law school sometime! Soup Wednesday is going to continue through February. I hope you enjoyed a Turkeyless Thanksgiving, a Christmas version is coming out in December! 


I made my stuffed pepper recipe a few weeks ago and thought that it might be cool to make peppers stuffed with mac and cheese. I even got J. on board because he loves mac and cheese (even if he's unsure of the peppers).

I had some left over tomato soup so I mixed some Tomato Soup Mac & Cheese to go with the stuffed peppers, that's why the pictures show two types of mac and cheese.

Ingredients:
-Green peppers (as many as you need, we both ate one half)

Mac & Cheese
-12 oz uncooked pasta, elbow macaroni or other small shape (about 3 cups) 

-1/8 tsp table salt, for pasta cooking water 
-2 cup(s) fat-free skim milk 
-1/4 cup(s) all-purpose flour 
-3/4 tsp table salt 
-3/4 tsp onion powder 
-1 cup(s) low-fat shredded Cheddar cheese, sharp-variety 
-1/8 tsp hot pepper sauce, or more to taste

I used the mac & cheese recipe that I usually use when I make homemade mac and cheese. You can find the instructions here (or use any recipe you choose).
Steam the peppers in a pan of boiling water covered with foil.
Make your mac and cheese. 
Stuff the peppers with the mac and cheese and place in an 8x8 pan.
I then surrounded mine with tomato soup mac and cheese.
Top with extra cheese and breadcrumbs, bake for 10 minutes at 350.
Scoop out the peppers and a serving of extra mac and cheese.
You're ready for dinner!
This recipe was so good that even J. cleaned his plate (yes, he actually ate the pepper). We both enjoyed seconds of the mac and cheese also, next time I think I'll make two whole peppers and stuff them to use all of the pasta. The stuffed pepper was good and cheese, but I think it would have been better flavor if I had filled the pepper with the tomato soup mac and cheese instead of the regular mac and cheese.

Comments

Popular Posts