Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies

                                       

The blog this was originally pinned to had this as a Red Velvet Peppermint Crinkle Cookie, but I didn't have any candy canes or peppermint extract so I just made this without those ingredients. If you'd like to make an even more festive cookie see the Cookin' Cowgirl's recipe.

Ingredients:
1 box Duncan Hines Red Velvet Cake
6 T butter
2 eggs
1 C powdered sugar
                                         
Mix the cake mix with the melted butter and eggs.

Prep a plate with powdered sugar.
The dough will be too sticky to handle so use two spoons to get it into the powdered sugar, roll into a ball.
Place the balls onto a cookie sheet, spread apart because they'l spread.
Ball of cookie.
The recipe says to bake for 9 minutes at 375. The first batch of cookies I had in at the time and temperature burnt to a crisp, J. and I almost set off the fire alarm in his apartment.

The second batch was a little better, just a note these cookies will not look done when you take them out, but they are finished!

The second batch turned out okay...after all of that these are the cookies I was left with.

I have no idea how long to tell you to cook these for, like I said I burnt the first ones. For the second batch I baked them for 7 minutes, but they weren't done enough, so that batch went for 8 1/2 minutes and turned out  okay. I wish I had put some peppermint in these, they were just okay without it. The addition of peppermint would have made it really special. However, if you like desserts that aren't overly sweet this would be a good dessert for you!

Comments

Popular Posts