Split Pea Soup


I know a lot of people don't like split pea soup, but you should really give it a try, it is one of my favorite soups. So for this Soup Wednesday I thought I would try a homemade version. I adjusted this 101 cookbooks version a bit.

Check out our other Soup Wednesday posts:
Week 8

Ingredients:
-1 cup dried split green peas
-3 cups water
-1/2 cup ditalini
-lemon juice and zest
-paprika
-salt and pepper

Boil the peas and water, then simmer for about 40 minutes, until the peas get soft.
I needed to add a little more water as it was cooking to get the right consistency.
Add the juice from about half a lemon.
When the peas are almost done, cook the ditalini according to the package directions.
Drain and pour into the pot with the cooked peas, season with salt and pepper.
Serve with some lemon zest and paprika on top.
I couldn't find many recipes where any kind of pasta was added to split pea soup, but I have always done it this way, I think it makes it much better. I liked this recipe because it was pretty simple. I've never had it with lemon, but I thought it gave it some extra flavor.

Comments

  1. Alecia, thanks for joining in the Food on Friday link up. Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts