Edible Flower Salad


This is another recipe in our Salad Wednesday series, we've also had Cucumber Salad and Deconstructed Wedge Salad. We saw edible flowers in the grocery store a while ago knew we had to use this in something soon. I found them in the grocery store right with the fresh herbs. This packet came with a few kinds of flowers, some pink and yellow. The colors were a really cool addition to the salad. I found the idea for the dressing here.

Ingredients:
-2 Tbsp olive oil
-1 Tbsp lemon juice
-1 Tbsp honey
-salt and pepper
-Edible Flowers
-lettuce
-any other salad ingredients you like

Mix together the olive oil, honey, lemon, salt and pepper
to make the dressing.
Put together the salad. I added cheese and croutons to mine.
Add the edible flowers.
Top with dressing.
The flowers looked really good, but they looked better than they tasted. They kind of tasted how I imagine flowers taste. They smelled like flowers too, I think that is what got me. But the taste wasn't too strong, I think this is something to try if you are interested. I really liked the salad dressing though, it was the perfect amount of sweet, and really easy to make. I always like when I can easily make my own of something rather than using store bought.


Comments

Popular Posts