Mexican Sweet Potato Skins


When I saw this recipe, I thought it looked a little odd, and it was. It was still good though. The filling mix on alone was very good (I even ate the leftovers with tortilla chips on its own). I've never heard of putting filling like this in a sweet potato, but it worked. The original recipe comes from Pinch of Yum.

Ingredients:
-3 medium sweet potatoes
-1 cup frozen corn
-1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1 ounce light cream cheese
-1/4 cup light sour cream
-shredded cheddar cheese


Bake sweet potato at 350 for about 45 minutes.
(This recipe makes 3, but I just made one sweet potato at
a time and saved the rest of the filling to make later)
Roast the corn on low heat for about 15 minutes, or until
it gets a little browned.
Mix together the beans, corn, sour cream and cream cheese.
Once the sweet potato is done cooking, scoop out the middle
and stir it in with the filling.
Put the filling and sweet potato mix back into the skin.
Top with shredded cheese and broil in the oven for 5 minutes.
I ate some of the filling with chips, it was good that way too.
If you are looking for a original taste combination, this is something good to try. It really was unlike anything I have had before.

Comments

Popular Posts