Rust City Buffalo Sauce


Sometimes I get requests to do recipes for the blog, this one comes from Travis (who I sit next to in most of my classes). This is his signature buffalo sauce recipe and it went perfectly with the buffalo wing style cauliflower that I like to make. 

We're also pleased to announce that we have another series of blogs featuring Kayla's photography.




Ingredients
:
-1/2 cup Frank’s red hot sauce
-1/2 cup butter
-1/2 cup Hidden Valley cracked peppercorn ranch 
-2 tbsp. vinegar
-2 teaspoons garlic powder
-2 teaspoons onion powder
-1 tsp. black pepper

This was the first time I had tried frying the buffalo cauliflower, but I have also baked it. Either way I use the same batter recipe from the Buffalo "Wing" Style Cauliflower blog. This time I added some black pepper, garlic powder and onion powder to the batter.



1.) Mix up the sauce ingredients in a medium sized bowl
2.) Fry/bake your cauliflower.
3.) Coat in the buffalo sauce.
4.) Serve with ranch/blue cheese for dipping.


This sauce is delicious! However, if you don't like spicy food this might not be for you! There were quite a few of us working on this recipe -- two of us love spicy food and two of us were just okay with eating spicy food. Overall, the consensus was that this sauce is hot! However, it was absolutely delicious, the right amount of creaminess from the ranch and heat from the hot sauce.  

Comments

Popular Posts