Minestrone Salad




I liked this recipe because I could leave out some of the stuff that I didn't like as much, and add more of the ingredients I like. I added a little extra pasta and cheese to mine, but left out carrots and peppers because I didn't have any on hand. You could always add any other vegetables you like and I think it would work well in this salad. I got the base for this recipe here.


Ingredients:
-4 oz pasta
-1 can garbanzo beans
-1 can zucchini (I drained out some of the sauce, since the recipe called for fresh zucchini. I thought the extra tomato sauce was good though for a dressing, so I didn't make separate dressing from vinaigrette) 
-1/4 cup shredded mozzerlla cheese.
-1 small tomato
-1 tsp dried basil
-spinach leaves for presentation

Mix the beans and zucchini.
Cut up some tomatoes.
Add the tomatoes and basil to the zucchini mix.
Cook, drain, and rinse the pasta. I used angel hair pasta.
Add the pasta and cheese to the other ingredients. Mix
and store covered in the refrigerator for two hours.
Arrange spinach leaves on a plate.
Add the pasta mix to the center.
This was a lot like pasta salad because of the chilled pasta and vegetables, but it had a little different taste. It could be eaten as a meal, or I could see this being good to eat at a barbecue like traditional pasta salad. 

Comments

Popular Posts