Oatmeal No-Bakes


I haven't eaten a lot of oats before, but I've made a few things that have turned out pretty good, like Hasselback Sweet Potatoes and Apple Cranberry Oatmeal Muffins. And the container of oats a bought was pretty big, so I've been searching for other good things to do with them. This one is from the Fresh Direction. These tasted a lot like granola bars. I ate them for a snack, and I also ate a lot for breakfast, which was perfect because they were really filling but easy to eat on the go.

Ingredients:
-1 cup oats
-1/2 cup peanut butter
-1/2 cup chocolate chips
-1/3 cup honey
-1/4 cup raisins
-1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix peanut butter and honey.
Warm it up in the microwave for 15 - 30 seconds.
In another bowl, mix the oats, chocolate chips, and raisins.
Stir in the peanut butter honey mix, and the vanilla.
Make sure it is all well combined. I used my hands to form them
into balls. It held together much better than I expected.
These were pretty easy, there was no cooking or baking, and you hardly needed to use anything to make them other than the microwave. They were really filling, and I think they are good because you could customized them if you wanted, you could use dried cranberries or other fruit instead of raisins, and you could use syrup instead of honey if you wanted too.

Comments

Popular Posts