Creamy Cheddar Asparagus


Asparagus is a good vegetable for anytime of the year, and there are a lot of options to flavor it, and this one turned out to be a pretty good flavor combination, I'll be using asparagus and white cheddar again.

I got this recipe from Seasons and Suppers.

I did half of the original recipe, it was a good side dish for 2 people.

Ingredients:
-1/2 bunch asparagus, trimmed of woody ends (about 20 spears)
-1 Tbsp. butter
-3 Tbsp. flour
-1/2 cup milk
-1 egg yolk
-3/4 cups grated white cheddar
-salt and pepper

Cut the ends off the asparagus.
Melt the butter, then add the flour.
Take off the heat, mix in the milk, add egg yolk, mustard,
and salt. Heat again for 2-3 minutes.
I poured the sauce over the asparagus then
added the cheese on top, but next time I make this I would
melt the cheese in the sauce then pour over the asparagus
to make a thicker sauce so it wouldn't run so much.

Bake at 400 for 8 minutes, then broil for 1 minute.


This didn't look as good as I had hoped, but I think if next time I melt the cheese and the sauce together it will hold together more and look better. The taste combination was good, and asparagus goes well with most main dishes.

Comments

Popular Posts