Garlic & Chili Mushrooms


I know some people are skeptical about eating mushrooms (J. will not touch them!), but I think they're a really great, versatile ingredients. Enjoy this spicy side dish with any meal, we served it with a yummy Truffle Mac and Cheese. The original recipe comes from Wok with Ray.

Some of my favorite mushroom recipes: Champagne Risotto, Balsamic Roasted Green Beans and Mushrooms and  Mushroom Soup for Two.

Ingredients: 
-9 oz cleaned button mushrooms - stems removed
-5 cloves garlic - chopped
-1/2 cup finely chopped parsley
-1 dried chili - finely chopped
-3 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
-2 Tablespoon lemon juice
-4 Tablespoon dry sherry
-1/4 teaspoon Spanish paprika
-Ground black pepper and salt to taste

Clean the mushrooms and slice off the stems.
Saute the garlic in a pan of hot oil for about one minute.
Add all of the other ingredients, plus the mushrooms and saute for five minutes.
Pour into a dish and add additional seasonings if you would like to.

Serve.

I was happy that most of these ingredients are pretty common, I actually had everything but the mushrooms already in my kitchen. Every year my dad grows chilies in the garden, strings them up to dry and then we enjoy the homegrown chilies year round. This was a great recipe to showcase that spice. I wish that we have doubled this recipe because it was delicious!

Comments

Popular Posts