Grilled Pineapple with Honey, Cinnamon and Lime


Happy Grilling Wednesday! Every Wednesday throughout the summer we will have a new grilled recipe. Grilling fruit is one of my new favorite things, and pineapple is the best one I have had. This recipe was good because it was really simple. It is also nice to grill fruit because it only takes a few minutes on the grill, so you don't have to worry about it too much while you are grilling other things.

This recipe comes from Skinny Taste.

Ingredients:
-2 tbsp honey
-1 tsp olive oil
-1 tbsp fresh lime juice
-1 tsp ground cinnamon
-pineapple rings (I used about half a pineapple)


Mix together the ingredients for the marinade.
Coat the pineapple with the marinade.
I let mine sit for about 20 minutes, just enough while
everything else I was making started on the grill, so it timed out well.
Put the rings on the grill. Mine took a little longer this time
than usual, so just watch them for grill marks. I probably did
about 4 minutes on each side.

I think I used a little too much lime juice, they tasted a bit too much like citrus, but overall they were very good. This would be a good side to anything else you are making for a great summer dinner.

Comments

Popular Posts