Taco Zucchini Boats


I always like taking a common dinner idea and putting a spin on it, so this recipe was perfect. I like tacos, and recently I have really liked black bean tacos, and eating it with a zucchini was such a different way to eat it. The zucchini was soft but still held together enough to hold the rest of the ingredients.

I got the idea for this recipe from Oh My Veggies.

Ingredients:
-zucchini
-black beans
-corn
-salsa
-shredded cheese
-enchilada sauce
-olive oil
-garlic
-paprika
-cayenne
-chili powder

You can use whatever amount of each ingredient you like, or add other things that you like.

Cut the zucchini in half. Take out the insides. I used a
spoon to scoop them out, it worked pretty well.
Heat the olive oil, garlic and spices for about 2 minutes.
Add the sauce corn, and black beans.
I added a bit too much sauce so I drained some out.
Add the cheese and stir for about 30 seconds.
Add the mix to the zucchini halves.
Top with some more shredded cheese.
Bake for 15-20 minutes.

This was really tasty! I thought there was a perfect combination of ingredients for a taco and the zucchini tasted great with it, and it was a perfect size for lunch.

Comments

Popular Posts