BLT with Guacamole and Fried Egg


Happy Sandwich Wednesday!! I had this recipe pinned on my Pinterest for a while, but I was looking for a good time to make it. I really like vegan bacon, I highly recommend the Morning Star brand. I think that it's absolutely delicious and I even got my carnivore boyfriend to approve it.

From Damn Delicious.

Other Sandwich Wednesday Recipes: Egg Breakfast Wrap, Roasted Vegetable Sandwich with Zesty White Bean Spread, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Apple Sandwich, Eggplant Parmesan Sandwich  and Mediterranean Wrap. 


Ingredients: 

-4 buns
-4 slices veggie bacon
-1 cup baby spinach
-1 Roma tomato, thinly sliced
-4 fried eggs

For the guacamole:
-2 California avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
-1 Roma tomato, diced
-Juice of 1/2 lime
-Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

Mash the avocado with the lime juice, salt and pepper. Add in diced tomatoes. Slice a tomato thinly, place on the bottom, layer cooked bacon and  fried egg on top.

Spread guacamole on the top half of a bun.




I thought this sandwich was delicious, it was incredibly easy to put together and I had a lot of the ingredients on hand. The guacamole went really well with the crunchy veggie bacon. This is something I would make again.

Comments

Popular Posts