Zucchini Avocado Sushi Rolls


I tried sushi just a few months ago, a bunch of my friends couldn't believe I hadn't had it. Even without raw meat, I was a little weirded out eating seaweed. But it is definitely growing on me, and I bought this sushi mat a few months ago, and I finally used it to make sushi. I tried to use the mat once to make a mango rice roll, but it didn't work.

I used these nori wraps to make this sandwich.

I kind of just made picked some ingredients that I had and liked to make this.

Ingredients:
-2 servings of rice (I just made mine on the stove according to package directions)
-2 nori wraps
-1/2 avocado
-1/2 zucchini 

Unroll the nori on the mat, and spread a layer of rice.
I just took out small scoops of avocado with a spoon.
I tried to get everything on one side so it would roll up in the middle.
Add small slices of zucchini.
Roll up the nori. I found that if I squeezed it together
after every roll to keep it together.
Cut it into a few slices.
I read a tip that said a wet knife helped to get a clean cut.
I dipped them in a small bowl of soy sauce.

I thought these were really good for my first time making sushi rolls. I think the zuchini was a little crunchy, I think I should have cooked it a bit before I added it, but it was good regardless.

Comments

Popular Posts