Pumpkin Rice Krispie Treats


I've seen a ton of pumpkin recipes this fall, I thought this was one of the better ones. I know I already like Rice Krispies, and they aren't too hard to make. I would make this one again sometime.

This recipe is from The Comfort of Cooking.

Ingredients:
-3 Tablespoons unsalted butter
-1/4 cup pumpkin puree
-1 10 oz. bag mini marshmallows
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
-1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
-1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-6 cups crispy rice cereal

Spray a 9x9 pan with non-stick spray.

Melt the butter and stir in the pumpkin and spices.
Slowly melt in the marshmallows.
Once the mix is melted, let it sit for about 20 minutes to cool before
adding the Rice Krispies so they don't get soggy.
Mix in a small amount at a time.
Spread the mixture in the pan.

At first I didn't really understand why the original recipe said to wait until it cooled before adding the cereal, but I did see how even after waiting to cool, these did get really soft. It still stuck together fine with the marshmallow mix  

Comments

Popular Posts