Savory Lime Corn Cakes


I'm not really sure if this is something for lunch or breakfast, but I think it would be good for either. I ate this as a brunch food. It was a lot like a pancake but a little drier and filling.

The recipe is from A Spicy Perspective.

Ingredients:
-1 1/4 cup flour
-1 cup cornmeal
-2 Tb. baking powder
-1 tsp. salt
-1 tsp. garlic powder
-1/2 tsp. chile powder
-1 1/4 cups milk
-2 eggs
-3 Tb. melted butter

Topping
-Guacamole (I used pre-made guac)
-Sour cream


Mix the dry ingredients.
Whisk in the milk eggs melted butter.
Scoop about 1/4 of a cup at a time and cook
about 3 minutes per side.


These were pretty tasty, they had a different consistency than I would have thought, they were pretty thick. I think the guacamole on top really made these.

Comments

Popular Posts