Brunch French Toast


I had this recipe on my Pinterest board for a while and I was really torn as to if I should make it or not. I'm all for chocolate for breakfast...but chocolate, caramel all with French toast? I wasn't sure. I convinced myself to make it for brunch and it was very decadent. I used the French toast recipe that I prefer to make and then used store bought ingredients.

Adapted from Cravings of a Lunatic.

Ingredients:
For the Toast:
-2 slices of bread
-1 egg
-Splash of milk
-Splash of vanilla
-Cinnamon

For the Toppings:
-Caramel sauce
-Chocolate sauce
-Walnuts
Mix together the egg, milk, vanilla and cinnamon.
Soak the bread in it.
Sprinkle cinnamon on each side before you cook it, heat until golden brown in a skillet. 

Put the French toast on a plate. 

Top with walnuts, chocolate syrup and caramel syrup.
I don't know if I could have eaten this really early in the morning for breakfast, it was much better for brunch because it was so sweet and decadent. This would be good for a dessert too. All of the flavors went well together and the warm French toast soaked up the extra chocolate and caramel.

Comments

Popular Posts