Cranberry Bacon Almond Goat Cheese Salad


I found this recipe on Pinterest and then adapted it based on what I had in my kitchen already. This was my first time using the Almond Accents, I thought that they were delicious, I was eating them out of the bag before the salad was even put together. I had also never used the honey goat cheese, I really enjoyed the sweetness that it brought to this.

Other Salad Wednesday Posts:  Greek PanzanellaGreek Yogurt Waldorf Salad and Chickpea Kale Salad.

Inspired by Sumptuous Spoonfuls.

Ingredients
Dressing:
-2 Tablespoons Greek yogurt
-1 Tablespoon honey
-1 Tablespoon pomegranate juice
-1 Tablespoon red wine

Salad:
-Lettuce
-Almond Accents, Honey Roasted Cranberries
-Crumbled vegan bacon
-Fresh honey goat cheese
-Salt and pepper

To make the dressing, whisk together the ingredients in a small bowl. The Greek yogurt will thin out into a dressing, it took about a minute of whisking, but it did come together.


To make the salad -- toss the lettuce with the almonds, goat cheese and vegan bacon. 

Serve with dressing.

I enjoyed the dressing with this, although I wasn't sure that I thought the color was appetizing. It was sweet with a little bit of tartness from the pomegranate and acidity from the red wine. The saltiness of the vegan bacon paired well with the sweetness of the dressing.

Comments

Popular Posts