Samoas Brownie Parfait



After finding this recipe on Pinterest I asked my friend for weeks when her daughter would be selling Girl Scout cookies again. I am a broke grad student and as much as a I want to buy things that my friend's children are selling, I usually don't -- one exception Girl Scout cookies. I am convinced that the Tagalongs are one of the most delicious cookies that I have ever eaten and I am not ashamed to say that I have eaten an entire box in one sitting.

Adapted from Country Cleaver.

Something else that I'm excited for is National Grilled Cheese month:


Starting tomorrow you can come back to Vegetarian & Cooking! for a new grilled cheese recipe every day. I can barely contain my excitement, this is one of the coolest projects that I have put together for Vegetarian & Cooking! and I can't wait to share.

Back to the brownies, the grilled cheese excitement can wait one more day:

Ingredients:
Samoa Brownies:
-8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, chopped and melted
-8 Tbsp butter, cut into cubes
-3 eggs
-3/4 cup sugar
-2 tsp vanilla extract
-1 cup flour
-1 cup Samoas cookies, chopped
-1/3 cup toasted coconut flakes

Toppings:
-Caramel sauce
-Whipped cream
-6 Samoa cookies for garnish, some chopped/some whole
-Extra toasted coconut for garnish
-Cocoa powder




To make the brownies combine the butter, eggs, sugar and vanilla. Add in the melted chocolate. Slowly add in the flour. Fold in the cookies and toasted coconut flakes. Bake at 350 for 35 minutes. Let cool for 90 minutes before slicing.

Slice into one inch pieces.

Put a dollop of whipped cream at the bottom of a parfait glass.
Add in brownie pieces, caramel sauce, crushed cookies and toasted coconut flakes.
Repeat until the glasses are full. 
  
Top the parfaits with toasted coconut, a dusting of cocoa powder and a Samoa cookie.

Serve immediately.




This dessert is something that you don't serve after a large meal! It was incredibly rich and filling, I thought that it turned out really well and that all of the flavors went together well. The brownies were very moist and this was a good use for Samoa cookies (aside from eating an entire box alone, at one time).

Comments

Popular Posts