Spinach & Bean Burrito Wraps


I obviously love to cook, but as a grad student with a part-time internship, sometimes I struggle to make time for other things in my life...like working-out. Don't get me wrong, I actually enjoy working out, it's a great stress reliever and Kayla, the guest photographer here at Vegetarian & Cooking!, makes a great gym buddy. But it is so hard to find the time! I know that it sounds like an excuse, but I swear that some days I'm not sure how I find the time to breathe.

That is why I really enjoy recipes like this one, this recipe is healthy and low-calorie. It made enough for dinner that Dave and I were both able to take a wrap to school for lunch the next day. You cannot go wrong with a low-calorie, but filling meal. This also did not take too much time to make, so if you like to do one evening meal prep for work-day lunches, this would be a good recipe.


Recipe from Skinny Ms.

Ingredients:
-6 cups baby spinach, loosely packed
-1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
-1-1/2 cups cooked brown rice 
-1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese, reduced-fat
-1/2 cup salsa
-6 tablespoons Greek yogurt, fat-free
-Salt, to taste
-Black pepper, to taste
-Red pepper flakes, to taste 
-6, 8"tortillas

Chop the spinach. It's up to you how small you want the pieces, it will cook down.
Add the spinach and black beans to a skillet over medium heat.

Saute until the spinach is wilted.
Add seasoning. 

To build, layer rice with the spinach and black bean mixture.
Add salsa, cheese and Greek yogurt. 

The tortilla will be easier to use if heated first, I put ours in the microwave for 15 seconds. 

Enjoy.

I ate these burritos as described, Dave ate his with some key lime juice. He enjoyed the extra flavor that the key lime added to the burrito, I wasn't in love with the addition, but I didn't hate it either. I mixed the spinach, black beans and rice together to make leftovers easier.

Comments

Popular Posts