Blue Cheese + Smashed Avocado Roasted Tomato Grilled Cheese


I chose this recipe because it had a lot of ingredients that I enjoy. This one takes a little bit of work because you need to roast the tomato and broil the sandwich before putting it together to toast in a skillet like typical grilled cheese sandwiches.

Adapted from Half Baked Harvest

Ingredients:
-1 tomato
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-1/2 teaspoon salt
-1/2 teaspoon pepper
-1 avocado, lightly mashed
-4-6 ounces blue cheese, crumbled
-4 slices Heartland Grain Pan Bread
-softened butter, for spreading

Slice the tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil.
Season with salt and pepper.
Roast for 400 minutes. 

Spread the lightly mashed avocado onto all four slices of bread. 

Sprinkle all slices with blue cheese.
Broil for 30 seconds- 1 minute or until the blue cheese begins to melt.

Add the tomatoes.

Melt butter in a skillet and put together two bread slices.
Toast until golden brown on each side.

Serve.

This is one grilled cheese that I really didn't enjoy. I usually enjoy blue cheese, but in this it was way too strong it just overwhelmed all of the other flavors. If I made this again, I would mix the blue cheese with a little cream cheese to help dull down the flavor. I think the avocado would have been better if it was smooth and not lightly mashed that didn't give this a good texture.

Comments

Popular Posts