Buffalo Hummus


I love everything about hummus, but until now I was a little nervous about making it myself. When I was in sorority in college, my sister Tia's mom used to make us these beautiful hummus trays for sisterhood events full of six or more flavors of hummus. The hummus was always perfectly flavored and perfectly smooth.  And then when I was at a bridal shower two months ago the bride's sister made this amazing hummus tray of three flavors that she found recipes for on Pinterest.

After trying that hummus I decided it was time to invest in tahini and put together some hummus recipes. I could only buy a large jar of tahini so expect additional hummus recipes in the future.

Recipe from The Table.

Ingredients:
-2 cans chickpeas, drained and rinsed (reserve a few tablespoons of juice)
-2 - 3 tbsp water
-2 tbsp tahini
-⅓ cup buffalo sauce
-½ tsp paprika
-1 tbsp olive oil
-juice of 1 lemon (about ¼ cup)
--salt and pepper, to taste

In order to have very smooth hummus you need to remove the skin from each chickpea. To do this give each one a gentle squeeze between your thumb and index finger. I lovingly squeezed all of these chickpeas.

Add all other ingredients to a blender. Blend until smooth, if your hummus is too thick add a little chickpea juice to thin the mixture out.

Serve topped with paprika.






This recipe turned out perfect. The hummus was smooth and velvety like the hummus that you can buy in the deli section of the grocery store. This was full flavored, but not too spicy. I enjoyed mine served with flat bread, but you can serve it with veggies of crackers.

Comments

Popular Posts