Crock Pot Buffalo Cauliflower Chili


I cannot even begin to tell you how much I love cauliflower in recipes, but I would have never thought to put it in the crock pot to make chili out of it. This chili is hearty and has a great amount of spice to it. The bonus is that it's an 8-10 hour crock pot recipe so it can sit all day while you're at work and dinner will be ready when you get home.

Recipe from Kitchen Treaty.

Ingredients:
-1 small head cauliflower (about 4 cups florets)
-1 medium onion, diced (about 2 cups)
-4 cups cooked cannellini beans (or 2 15-oz. cans, drained)
-1 (28-ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
-1 (4-ounce) can fire-roasted diced green chilies
-1/2 cup buffalo sauce
-2 tablespoons brown sugar
-1 tablespoon chili powder
-2 teaspoons cumin
-1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Assorted toppings such as blue cheese, sliced scallions, sour cream, and shredded cheddar cheese.

Add all ingredients to the crock pot and cook on low for 8-10 hours.




This had quite a bit of heat to it, I didn't find it to be overwhelming, but I really like spicy foods. The seasoning was spot on and the vegetables all had a good texture. I think the sour cream helped cut down on some of the heat so I would recommend serving this with the sour cream. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts