Food Tour of New Hampshire with a trip to Boston


Dave and I got home on Monday from our final summer vacation. This time we traveled to New England, Dave is from New Hampshire and we went back to his hometown for several family events. We spent a day in Boston, did a little hiking in the mountains and spent time at the beach. All of those activities were mixed with family events and meeting so many new people.

This Food Tour includes four different places. One in Boston, three in New Hampshire. Dave and I have mini-vacations planned for the fall -- one to Pittsburgh and one to Toronto so there will be additional food tour blogs in a few months. 

The Boston location was Panza which is in the North End.

I had the eggplant parmigiana -- which shouldn't surprise people who know me well because it's my favorite.
I found it to be very tasty, but I liked what Dave ordered much more than I liked this.

Dave ordered the Butternut Squash Tortelloni in a Butter Sage Sauce.
This was delectable, it was pretty rich, the butter sauce had hints of cinnamon.
Our next destination was Pickity Place in Mason, New Hampshire.

Make sure you leave enough time, the grounds and little shops are so much fun to explore.
The flowers were so beautiful and we had a great time looking at all of the herbs that they sell. 

Lunch was five courses -- the menu changes every month.
We started with a sweet pepper and onion dip.
Dave really enjoyed this one. I think everyone did, it had good flavor, but wasn't overpowering. 




Next was stracciatella (egg drop) soup.
This had a little bit of chili in it, but I didn't find it to be too spicy, the chili gave it a nice flavor.

I had a Spiced Mocha with my meal. The cinnamon and chocolate flavor reminded me of a Mexican Hot Chocolate. 

Dave had Raspberry Orange Tea. 

The salad was a potato salad served over greens tossed in a peppercorn dressing. This was also served with parmesan.
I really enjoyed this salad, I thought it was interesting to serve the potato salad over the greens.
The flavors over all went well together.

Next were savory rolls served with some sort of butter.
These were a hit. 

The vegetarian meal option was Ginger Stir Fry over Scallion Pan Cakes.
This had nice flavor to it, the stir-fry sauce had a nice ginger flavor and it was really different than other stir-fry which you might order somewhere else.
All of the flowers were edible! 

Dessert was a Key Lime Pie with Toasted Coconut and Jamaican Rum Plantains.
I hate bananas...Dave got my plantains and banana whip cream.
Otherwise, this was fabulous. The key lime pie was nicely complemented by the lime sauce around the edge of the plate.  
We made it to the ocean!
Thinking about blogging or Dave? Maybe Dave making a blog?

Another lunch location was the Winter Garden Cafe in the Currier Museum of Art.

I had the Roasted Portobello Sandwich piled high with roasted garlic mayo, lettuce, tomato, caramelized onions and roasted red peppers.
This was full of flavor, although a little messy. 
  
Dave had the Roasted Root Vegetable Salad: parsnips, turnips, celery root, rutabagas and sweet potatoes over spinach.  

Dave's mom also ordered this salad, I think everyone was surprised that the roasted vegetables were served cold.
The balsamic dressing went well with it all and it was a nice colorful presentation. 

That evening was a party for Dave's parents' 40th wedding anniversary.
These cupcakes were from Who You Callin' Cupcake in Salem, New Hampshire.
There were several flavors: Tiramisu, Snickerdoodle, Chocolate Buttercream, Red Velvet and Irish Carbomb.
The mini cupcakes were a hit and very tasty the Snickerdoodle was my favorite. 

We had a wonderful time in New England with Dave's family. My favorite location was Pickity Place, the food was all so good and it was a fun location. Dave said he liked the food from Panza, but Pickity Place was a fun location. Overall a successful trip! While I was away, I also got some blog testing done with the help of Dave's mom and his sister-in-law Michelle, look for those recipes soon!

Comments

Popular Posts