Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cupcakes

Peanut butter and chocolate are two of my favorite flavors. I made this recipe for a cupcake contest at my dad's work. These classic flavors go well together, but I don't think that it is overdone in this cupcake. However, these cupcakes are pretty rich, plan on sharing them.

Recipe from My Baking Addiction

Ingredients:
Cupcakes
-1 (18.25 ounce) package devil’s food cake mix
-1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix
-1 cup sour cream
-1 cup vegetable oil
-4 eggs, lightly beaten
-2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
-1/2 cup warm water
-24 Reese’s Miniatures; frozen (this prevents them from disappearing into the batter)

Frosting
-3 sticks unsalted butter, softened
-1 cup creamy peanut butter
-2 tablespoons vanilla extract
-5.5 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
-3-6 tablespoons milk
In the bowl of a stand mixer beat together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, eggs, vanilla and water.
Beat for about two minutes on medium speed until well combined

Distribute into 24 muffin tin lined with cupcake liners.
You'll do about three tablespoons of batter per liner.
My recipes are always a few cupcakes short, is it just me?

Press a frozen Reeses into the center of each.

So many Reeses. 

Bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes in the tin.
Then remove and place on a wire rack. 

To make the frosting: In the bowl of a stand mixer cream the butter and peanut butter on medium speed until fluffy. Then on low speed slowly add in the confectioner’s sugar, and continue mixing until well blended.
Next add the vanilla and 3 tablespoons of milk. Blend on low speed until moistened. Add an additional 1 to 3 tablespoons of milk until your frosting is the desired consistency. Beat at high speed until frosting is smooth and fluffy.

Pipe onto each cupcake.



Top with chopped Reeses. 
  
   
The center.

These cupcakes were wonderful. I could have just sat and eaten the frosting for days. I might actually make some of this next time I'm having an awful day or a friend is going through a break-up. I also really enjoyed the cupcakes. I'm not a huge fan of chocolate cake, but adding the pudding mix really gave the cake nice flavor.

Comments

Popular Posts