Slow Cooker Cannellini Bean and Kale Soup


Dave threw this recipe together while I was at work one day. He adapted the recipe based on what he had on hand, we were about to go on vacation so a big grocery trip wasn't desirable. While it tasted good, I'm still finding myself a little bit disappointed with slow cooker soups which makes me incredibly sad. These recipes make so many servings and it would be great to have a nice slow cooker soup recipe that I can rely on. Overall this one was good, just not great...or excellent. I'm looking for excellent.

Adapted from Kalyn's Kitchen.

Ingredients:
-2 T olive oil
-2 medium onions, chopped small
-2 T minced garlic 
-2 tsp. dried basil
-2 cans (15 oz. can) Cannellini beans and juice 
-1 can (14.5 oz.) petite diced tomatoes with juice
-8 oz. finely chopped kale
-4 cups vegetable stock 
-shredded mozzarella cheese, optional

Heat the oil in the skillet. Saute the onions, garlic and basil for 5 minutes. Spray the crock pot with non-stick spray. Add in the onion mixture. Add all other ingredients, except for the mozzarella cheese. Cook 8-10 hours on low. Serve with cheese if desired.






As I mentioned previously this was good. Dave and I ate it for dinner and were fine with it. Dave ate the leftovers for lunch the next day. If I were to make this again I would season it a little differently. Dave thinks that he might have added too much basil to this recipe, which is possible.

Comments

Popular Posts