Hot Sauce, Bacon, Egg Salad Sandwich


I like complicated recipes...but I also like to make really simple recipes. If I've had a long day at work, I still want to get dinner on the table, but I don't want to put too much effort into whipping something up. This egg salad sandwich is great for a light dinner and for lunch the next day.

Recipe adapted from Betsy Life.

Ingredients:
-2 slices of vegan bacon, cooked
-1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions
-3 tablespoons plain greek yogurt
-1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
-1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
-1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
-6 hard-cooked large eggs, chopped
-2 cups spinach
-8 slices Italian bread

1.) In a large bowl mix together the crumbled bacon and green onions, add the yogurt, hot sauce, seasoning and eggs.
2.) Layer spinach and the egg salad onto toasted slices of Italian bread.

Dave had never had egg salad before and I had only had it once -- we were both happy with the recipe. The hot sauce gave the sandwich a nice zip without making it overwhelmingly spicy. I was happy to eat this for lunch at work, as was Dave. This is something that I would probably make again.

Comments

Popular Posts