Apple Cheddar Pizza with Caramelized Onions and Walnuts


Here's another savory recipe in my quest to use the apples we picked at the orchard. Although this only used one apple, we were pretty happy with the results. Pizza is always great for us, because we can take the leftovers in our lunches for a few days.

Apples Used: 3/40

Recipe from Oh My Veggies

Ingredients
-1 tbsp. olive oil
-1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
-salt + pepper to taste
-1 tbsp. butter
-1 apple, cored and thinly sliced (any baking apple will work well)
-1 tbsp. maple syrup
-1 large refrigerated pizza crust
-1 c. shredded cheddar cheese
-2 tbsp chopped walnuts

Heat the oil in a skillet and saute the onions until browned. Once the onions are browned melt the butter in a small skillet and saute the apples until softened. Add the maple syrup and cook until the liquid is gone from the pan.

Top the pizza crust with the caramelized onions, sauteed apples, cheddar cheese and walnuts.

Bake at 375 for 13-15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown.





The pizza crust I used ended up being pretty large, I wish I had used only half of an onion and two small apples to make this recipe. Overall this had good flavor, I just think that with the ratio I used the onions overpowered the apples a little bit. 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment! I check the blog daily so I'll get back to you soon.

Popular Posts