Roasted Jalapeno Hummus



I served this recipe alongside Spinach Artichoke Hummus at a party Dave and I hosted. This hummus is very different from other hummus recipes you may have made, it is incredibly spicy. If you like hot, this hummus is for you!

Recipe from My Whole Food Life.

Ingredients
-1 15oz can chickpeas drained and rinsed
-2 whole jalapenos, roasted
-1/4 cup tahini
-Juice of medium 2 lemons
-2 tsp cumin
-3 cloves of garlic
-1/2 tsp salt
-1 tablespoon olive oil
-3 tablespoon water

In order to make silky smooth hummus I always remove the skin from all of my chickpeas, but you don't have to do that, I find that it makes my hummus more creamy.

I used my jalapenos whole, you could remove the seeds if you want too, but that's where the heat is. Add all ingredients to a food processor and blend until smooth.

Serve with pita chips or fresh cut vegetables.

It seemed a little hot at first, but alternating between this hummus and another flavor helped to keep things less fiery. Everyone who was daring enough to go spicy really liked this hummus, this is something I would make again for a large group. 

Comments

Popular Posts