Slow Cooker Manicotti



I ended up with an overabundance of manicotti noodles, because I accidentally purchased several boxes when I only needed one. This slow cooker recipe did not require cooking the manicotti shells first, which I always consider to be a win (I hate when slow cooker recipes want you to cook something outside the slow cooker, I'm using the slow cooker because I want it to be easy and for everything to be done in one place).

Recipe from Mom on A Misson.

Ingredients:

Filling 
-2 cups ricotta cheese
-1 ½ cups mozzarella cheese
-1 ½ teaspoons Italian Seasoning
-¼ teaspoons salt
-¼ teaspoon pepper

-8oz. package manicotti
-½ cup mozzarella cheese
-¼ cup Parmesan cheese
-Jar of your favorite pasta sauce
-cooking spray

Spray your crock pot with cooking spray and add 1/2 cup of the pasta sauce to the bottom. Make sure to spread out the sauce so the bottom is covered.

Put all of the filling ingredients into a gallon size freezer bag. Smoosh together until combined. Cut one corner of the freezer bag and pipe the filling into the manicotti shells. Place the shells in the crock pot in a single layer, until you cannot place anymore shells in a single layer. Top with sauce (make sure they are covered, this is what cooks the pasta). Fill the remaining shells (I only had two or three left) and place on top of the first layer. Pour the remaining pasta sauce over the manicotti, making sure that all shells are now covered in sauce.

Cook for 2 to 2 1/2 hours on high. Add the 1/2 cup of mozzarella and 1/4 cup of Parmesan cheese during the last half hour of the cook time.

This recipe is pretty simple and it tasted good. I served ours with a side of Cajun Spiced Broccoli, because I had some leftover from the Rainbow Vegetable Pizza from yesterday that I wanted to use. This is something that I would make again as a quick and easy recipe if I didn't want to put too much effort into making dinner, but didn't want to order take-out.

Comments

Popular Posts