Crunchy Asian Ramen Noodle Salad


True food confessions -- I like to munch on raw pasta whenever I'm making a pasta dish. Everyone who has ever seen me do this has been incredibly alarmed. Including Dave. The use of raw ramen noodles is what intrigued me about this salad recipe, I thought it seemed like a fun salad, very different than a lot of other recipes.

Recipe from Gimme Some Oven.

Ingredients:
-1 (16-ounce) bag coleslaw mix
-2 (3-ounce) packages of ramen noodles, crumbled (you will not use the seasoning packet)
-1 cup shelled and cooked edamame
-1 avocado, peeled, pitted and diced
-1/2 cup thinly-sliced almonds

Asian Honey Vinaigrette 
-2/3 cup vegetable oil (or any cooking oil)
-1/3 cup honey (or agave, to make this vegan)
-1/3 cup rice wine vinegar
-2 teaspoons soy sauce
-1/4 teaspoon sesame oil
-pinch of salt and black pepper

For vinaigrette: Combine all ingredients and whisk together.
Add all ingredients including the vinaigrette together in a large bowl, and toss until combined.

Serve immediately, if you don't the noodles will lose a bit of their crunch and the avocado will brown. 


I liked this salad, but I wish that I had kept the noodles separate and added them to each salad individually. The first day they were nice and crunchy (but slightly softened by the vinaigrette), on subsequent days, they we're pretty mushy.  However, the dressing had a nice sweet and tangy taste, the almonds added additional crunch. The edamame and avocado added some additional color to the salad. Overall, this salad was a win. 

Comments

Popular Posts