Vanilla Almond Overnight Quinoa


I've been interested in trying overnight quinoa for a while. I've never been big on oatmeal, so I missed the boat on the overnight oatmeal trend. Quinoa seemed a little more approachable and it's full or protein, so I thought it would help keep me full until lunch.

Adapted from Simply Quinoa.

Ingredients: 
-1 cup almond milk
-1/2 cup cooked quinoa
-2 tablespoons maple syrup
-1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
-Chopped almonds to garnish (optional)

Mix all of the ingredients together (except for the chopped almonds), divide into two containers and let sit overnight. 



I will be the first to admit that I adapted this recipe and that's what made it not live up to expectations. There was too much liquid in relation to the drier ingredients, I removed some of the ingredients that would have helped to soak up the liquid, since I didn't have those. I do want to try overnight quinoa again, I just need to find a more user friendly recipe. 

Comments

Popular Posts