Berry and Mozzarella Salad with Honey Vinaigrette


Summer is one of my favorite times to prepare recipes, because the ingredients available are so fresh and bright. This salad is adapted from a recipe that I saw on Pinterest, I've been very unsuccessful locating burata at my local grocery store, although it's a grocery store with a lot of specialty items. Burata cheese is pretty unique, it's like fresh mozzarella on the outside and a creamy soft center of stracciatella and cream. I had it once at a local restaurant paired with grilled fruit and toasted baguette. I substituted fresh mozzarella pearls to mimic the size of the berries. Along with strawberries and blueberries I added fresh blackberries because they're my favorite.

Recipe adapted from Two Peas in Their Pod.

Ingredients:
Honey Vinaigrette
-1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
-1-2 tablespoons honey
-Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste

-5 ounces mixed salad greens
-1 cup sliced strawberries
-1 cup blueberries
-1 cup blackberries
-1 cup fresh mozzarella pearls

Combine the salad greens, berries, and mozzarella pearls in a large bowl. Combine all of the ingredients for the vinaigrette whisk to combine the oil with all of the other ingredients.

Portion the salad into individual servings, I was able to get about four salads out of my salad mix. Then drizzle the salads with as much vinaigrette as you'd like and serve immediately.

Hello Cappuccino! 

Comments

Popular Posts